These programs offer several benefits to you, such as:
- Maintain public access - public marinas, boat ramps, fishing piers, and more
- Fish stockings: ponds, lakes, streams, and rivers
- Habitat programs: trash removal at waterways, cleanups
- Fish surveys and research to determine the health of fish and the waters they inhabit
- Educational programs which help improve the skills of new anglers. Many of these clinics are free, and youth fishing events are usually paid for by license sales.
- A percentage of fishing license sales goes into improving boating and fishing access.
So, in conclusion, when you buy a fishing license, you're not only giving back to the waters you love to spend time at, but you're also improving the fish habitat for the fish you enjoy catching so much!